Welcome to Oakland! We are so fortunate to have the support of our parents, family, and community as we work together to support student success for every Wildcat! We want you to know we value your time and efforts. For the safety of our students, please review the procedures below.
Step 1: Background Check
- Confidentiality and professionalism is expected by all staff and volunteers at Oakland.
- All volunteers on campus must have a background check cleared prior to any volunteer hours.
- Please log all volunteer hours online.
- Volunteers may park in unoccupied/unassigned spaces in the front lot facing the street or near Mason Rd. Please leave parking spaces near the lobby open for parent visitors.
- All visitors must check-in and out through the front office.
o Volunteers must always display proper identification (badge or lanyard) and may not roam through the building at any time without prior approval from administration.
o Your printed badge will indicate areas you plan to access during your visit. (i.e. café, parent conference, read to class, etc.)
o Keys and keycards for VIPS room access may be checked out upon arrival and must be returned upon departure.
- VIPS work hours on campus will end at 2:00 p.m. unless prior approval is obtained from an administrator. This allows our staff to properly prepare for dismissal.
o We encourage volunteers to arrange time to work with students in the classrooms or assist with art projects and special events. These events are scheduled by teachers. Contact your child’s teacher for details!
o To minimize distractions, hallway projects/bulletin boards should not be worked on during instructional blocks.
o Volunteers should make other arrangements for preschoolers and children not enrolled in Oakland during volunteer hours on campus. Siblings are encouraged and welcome to attend our many family events and specials programs in common areas.
o We understand there will be some unavoidable exceptions and will gladly accommodate younger children to attend brief meetings or projects hours, in the café or VIPS room only, as long as they are supervised by the parent at all times and do not create a distraction. A TV/VCR has been provided in the VIPS room to accommodate young children during short visits. Please remember that the adjacent room is an instructional setting.
o Volunteers may bring drinks/snacks into VIPS room during work hours but should keep room clean and free of clutter and trash.
- Access to the front office and teacher’s lounge is prohibited without prior approval from front office staff.
o PTO board members may have access to the PTO safe and lockbox after checking in at front office.
- Projects should be completed in the VIPS room and returned to the drop off location for teacher pick up.
o VIPS may not work on teacher projects in hallways or classrooms during instructional hours.
- All classroom deliveries should be made through the front office or drop off room.
o Volunteers may not make deliveries to classrooms during instructional hours.
o Please check with the front office to arrange times for large deliveries.
- All campus/facilities request must be made through front office staff.
- For your convenience, volunteers have access to grade level restrooms or the restroom in the front lobby.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator.